Ulpan.com's daily dose of Hebrew Headline Animator

3/8/12

Parashah Ki Tisa



Rav Meir Auerbach : Forgive Now, Forgive Later, Forgive Again And Again!
"V'Chanosi Es Asher Achon V'Richamti Es Asher Aracheim"
I will pardon those who I have pardoned and pity those who I have pity (Ki Sisa 33:19).  If someone wrongs you and then begs forgiveness you may do so if you believe they are sincere and it won't ever occur again.  But what happens if you know without a shadow of a doubt that this person will harm you in the same way once again.  You'd never forgive them.
That is the incredible kindness of Hashem says Rav Meir Auerbach (Rov of Yerushalayim and Rebbi of Rav Shmuel Salant).  Achon and Aracheim are future tense.  Hashem says I will pardon and pity those who I know that in the future I will need to do so again.  It won't stop Me from forgiving them right now despite knowing that they are not completely finished sinning in this way.

Revach Lists

No comments:

Post a Comment